Sunday 29 January 2012

Tweaking the colour scheme

After posting up the previous picture of the test Grymn for the Mechanised armour, I decided that the brown areas were lacking something so I went and had a look through my paints and existing miniatures and thought that Dark Flesh would work better on the boots and gloves with Calthan Brown making for darker webbing.

Here is what I have changed:


So we now have this:


I am much happier with the darker look to the boots,gloves and webbing with the overall look of the miniature being darkened a little. Here is a comparison picture:


I think you'll agree that the darker look improves things.

Now we have the paint scheme sorted, I will look to be adding the insignia to the helmet. At the moment, I don't have the required decals but I will try to provide some sort of pictorial device to show my plans.

1 comment:

  1. Darker boots yes, but to be honest i think i prefer the lighter shade on the gloves. Prefer the new webbing.

    All the best

    ReplyDelete